Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The TWO month-mark.


Well, this morning marks TWO months.
TWO months of excercise, and healthy eating habits.
TWO months of being dedicated.
TWO whole months of sticking-with-it.
YAY for US.

We both weighed in this AM.

I am happy to report that I have lost 5 more lbs,
making that a TOTAL loss of 12 lbs for me.
(Half-way there people!)

Lee lost another 4 lbs,
making that a TOTAL loss of 16 lbs for him.

We are feeling so much better in so many ways.
He's still smoke-free.
(And, I must admit I am more PROUD of him for this accomplishment than the weight loss itself.)
We've stuck with a consistent work-out plan... that we both LOVE.
We eat out way less, but don't deprive ourselves from the occasional "un-healthy" meal.
(If I WANT a cheeseburger... I'm going to HAVE me a cheeseburger!)
I drink water ALL the time, which still SHOCKS me.
Diet soda is ALWAYS in my fridge, which shocks me as well.
(Please note: With the occasional "un-healthy" meal... comes the occasional "regular" soda, which I TOTALLY look forward to.)
We've both started lifting in the weight room as well.
Lee more than me.
I'm going for LEAN... he's going for MEAN. :]
It's a great feeling to be able to work out hard-core, and find your body willing to keep up.
I can work out harder, and longer, without getting winded as quickly as I used to.
It's a totally AWESOME feeling.

I also find it weird at how my body "looks" after a 12 lbs loss.
NOT like I expected.
I figured I'd look "skinnier." I don't really.
(Which is oddly, totally FINE with me.)
What I do see is:  My legs are leaner, my waist is smaller, and my thighs have shrunk.
(THANK YOU GOD!)
The proof is in the measuring tape. :]
I've lost 2 inches off my waist alone.
Yeah, BUDDY!
I must say, I'm really pleased with the results.

I won't lie though. It's been work.
There have been times when I have been tempted to eat an ENTIRE bag of Oreo's.
Or countless times, I've craved a whopper late at night, and with Burger King practically being our neighbor...I've had to fight the urge.
Honestly, sometimes the urge has even defeated me.
But, hey... that's life, and it happens.
I'm human, but I'm STILL proud of how far I've come.

Month THREE?
Bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go guys, from one proud papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats you guys! that is so awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keeping on guys, you are doing so great! I am proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete