Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Isn't he a little old for this?


I have always bragged that Layton is my "good" sleeper.
Kaylee on the other hand, has always been my "fighter" when it comes to it.
She's stubborn, like her Dad.
But, when Layton came along. I was THRILLED that he was so easy with naps, and bed-time.
Since he was a baby, he would always go to sleep as soon as he was put down.
(Now, this didn't mean that he never woke up, because the stinker STILL didn't sleep through the night until he was over a year old.)
But, he did always go right back to sleep as soon as his needs were met.
We've NEVER had issues with bed-time. Ever.
He's even the type to just crawl onto a couch if we're at a friends house and go to sleep if he's tired.
He's just that way.
When it's bed time. He's tucked in tight, and out like a light in 5 minutes flat.
It's awesome.
But, now for some reason? It's suddenly changed.

It started last week & so far he has givin me all of these excuses:

I have to go potty.
I'm hungry.
I'm thirsty.
I'm scared.
I'm not tired.
I just can't sleep.
Oh, and the newest one?
(The one that shows his knack for always being able to make me CRACK up laughing?)
"Mom, my mattress is just so uncomfortable. It's reaaaalllly starting to hurt my back."
(Yep. He actually thought that one up.)

So, obviously I am losing my patience with this whole matter.
I went from tolerating it, to threatening to spank him HARD in the HOUR AND A HALF it took me to get him to go to sleep last night.

All I have to say is: this kid better understand that Mom has just about HAD it.

Being absolutely adorable, charming and cute... will only get you so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment