Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm NO Martha Stewart

This Saturday, Stacie is having a "13 going on 30" party.

It's a dress-up party, and the choices are...
-Dress like your 13
-Dress like your 30
-Dress like your living in the 80's.

Kaylee chose the 80's look.
(I on the other hand was going with it, but soon changed my mind.)
Hell, I'm almost 30... I'll just go with that. :]

Anyhoo,
After looking around for outfits for her, I just found myself going crazy.
She wanted to look "funky," so I thought, perfect: 80's punk.
Let me just say, there is not much out there for KIDS if your going for that look.
Then, I got this brilliant idea. I'll just make it.

Yeah, not so brilliant.

I spent almost 4 hours last night creating a punk styled skirt made of tulle.
Um...KILL ME.
My fingers are so sore this morning from the numerous amount of times I STABBED myself with the needle.
I don't think I've cursed so much in my entire life.
All the while, Lee is finding this TOTALLY amusing.

Needless to say in the end, I didn't pull my hair out, and she DOES have something to wear this weekend.
This is a huge accomplishment by the way.

It's for sure funky, and it's absolutely hideous.
In other words: It's perfect for the occasion.

But, to sum up this experience? It only takes TWO words...
NEVER AGAIN.

2 comments:

  1. shoulda gone with leggings and a flash dance sweater, eh?? :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, now that you mentioned it. That EXACT thought crossed my mind more than once during this whole ordeal. Haha! I SHOULD have listened to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete