Friday, April 16, 2010

He's SIX.


Well, our little man turns SIX today.
Wow. Six. It seems un-real.
It's like I just blinked, and he grew up.

I remember the day he arrived, like it was yesterday.
I remember being home alone with horrible pains.
I remember calling Lee at work and telling him to come home.
I remember him taking too long.
I remember telling myself over & over 'this can't be labor, I'm not due for another month or more.'
I remember calling my midwife.
I remember her telling me:
"I REALLY don't thing that you're in labor. Why don't you just come into the office, and we'll check you. No need to waste a trip all the way out to Silverton."
I remember her face when she realized she was: WRONG.
I remember Lee stopping for gas ON THE WAY to the hospital.
(and yes, if I could have killed him at that very moment... I would have.)
I remember EVERYTHING. Clear as day.

Afterall, It was one of the HAPPIEST days of my life.
The day that I was blessed with the BEST son in the world.

Layton continues to bless us. Everyday.
He is a sensitive, caring, sweet, and the funny little guy.
Seriously. This kid cracks me up daily.
He loves cars, and has a natural talent for music.
Sometimes I even wonder if that's the path he'll take when he's older.

He's just a great boy. One I'm so proud of.

Happy Birthday little man.
You're pretty awesome.

                   (His first night home @ 2 days old. Awww, I miss those days...)

1 comment:

  1. You think the time goes by fast, I just brought Lee home from the hospital! It goes way too fast!

    ReplyDelete