Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The perfectionist.

Kaylee has been working on a 'mock commercial' assignment for school for the past week.
She had to come up with her own product, think of a way to advertise it, write an essay, and prepare a speech.
The girl has been working her rear off.

Kaylee has been blessed with her Dad's talent when it comes to speaking in front of an audience.
She doesn't get nervous, and she can usually just fly off the seat of her pants and nail it everytime.
It kind of disgusts me considering that I am the total opposite.
I have never been one who likes to give speeches. In fact, a few times in high school? I just took an 'F' for my grade if it meant that I would get out of talking in front of people.

I am actually relieved that she is more like Lee in this department.
Makes me proud.

Tomorrow is the day of her presentation and she has been spending the entire evening practicing it - to her Dad before he left for work, to me, to Layton, to the mirror, even the dog.
After having it perfectly down, she ran out of her room in a panic. She forgot to list the price.
We finally found a spot to 'fit it in' but then she started getting stuck everytime she got to that part.

She tried practicing it back to me and suddenly she was filled with frustration.
This conversation followed:
Her: 'Okay mom, can we just take a break? I am getting super frustrated and reallyyyyy nancy.'
Me: 'Um.... nancy?'
Her: 'YES. Sooo nancy!'
Me: (After giving her a dumb-founded look) 'what do you mean?'
Her: 'You know... jittery, nervous...'
Me: 'Kaylee, did you mean antsy?'

She then put her head in her hands and started laughing hysterically.
This girl of mine. I just LOVE her.

We took a break and after 2 more tries - she's got it down.





















I know she will do great tomorrow.
She's a natural.

2 comments:

  1. Kaylee, you are so beautiful and our real covergirl! You will do great, grandma has no doubt about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful model. And a professional photo job to boot. Great photo Heather.

    ReplyDelete