Monday, January 24, 2011

Music that speaks.

My taste in music varies.
I like all kinds - as of lately, even hard core rock-and-roll thanks to the main man in my life.
(I still find this TOTALLY weird.)
Anyway... continuing on with the story.

I have always been very in-tune with lyrical content of a song.
I like music that I can relate to. Music that can make me laugh, make me cry, just make me 'feel' something when I listen to it.

Interestiing story:
One of my closest friends cracks me up when it comes to this.
She can hear a song, over and over and ask me if I've heard it. She can tell me she loves it, and when I go into any detail about it, she will say: 'oh, that's what it's about? Yeah, I never listened to the words really.'
Wait. What?
Am I the only one that finds this totally strange?

To me, that's what a song is: a story.
That's why I enjoy them so much.

As most of you know, Kaylee has been dealing with being bullied at school.
(New Post: Coming Soon.)

The other day I heard a song for the first time that made me think of the issues that she has been dealing with.
I looked it up online to find that it is a highly controversial song - too real for some people to handle, I guess.

To me? It's a breath of fresh air.
It's real, it's raw, and it's what most young girls are dealing with everyday of their lives - the fact that they don't feel good enough.
I find it empowering, and give kudos to the artist for being bold enough to record it.

It is one of my new favorites, and one that I hope will help someone out there somewhere.
To me? It's a job well-done.

I have linked it to my blog for your viewing:

Please note: this video is the EDITED version but still contains adult material and somewhat graphic scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment