Monday, January 3, 2011

The not-so-awesome part of my day.

[My amazing feeling of accomplishment for working out 2 days in a row was short-lived this afternoon.]

We got home from our walk and this 'not so brilliant' dog of ours thought he'd bolt out the front door, and run as fast as he possibly could halfway down the street. (And, no - he didn't have his shock collar on because he went on the walk with us, and I hadn't had a chance to get it back on him.)

Then? He was caught by his 'not so happy' owner ( THANK. GOD.) and then he was drug home by his neck.

While Lee was in the middle of literally scaring the living daylights out of him, I was sitting on the couch seriously just wanting to cry.

I kept thinking how easily he could have been hit by a car.
Thinking to myself that there would be no way that I could have sat the kids down and explained to them that Bentlee was hurt or even worse - dead.

My emotions went from fear and panic to anger and relief in the matter of seconds.
I was happy he was ok, but so pissed at him at the same time.

It made me stop and think for a minute.
Really? A dog? A DOG can actually make me feel like this?

It's crazy.  How attached we really get to our 'four-legged' kids.
He drives me crazy. DAILY.
But, I can't imagine not having him around.
Really. I can't.

(And,  to end this post on a lighter note - I just have to say this:
While he was getting punished by Lee? I'm pretty sure that Bentlee was WISHING that he had just gotten hit by a car instead.)

2 comments:

  1. He was just hunting for the love of his life! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny actually. Considering, we had just passed a house on that street where a pit-bull was sitting calmly at a window looking out side. Maybe it WAS love at first sight?? LOL.

    ReplyDelete