Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hanging my head in shame.

It is known that I have a husband who likes to 'game.'
I am thankful that his days of being obsessed with it have passed, because God knows  that I probably would have killed him if he he hadn't grown out of that stage. However, it is still one of his favorite hobbies, and I respect that.

He still plays it when he can, he always has it turned up way too loud, and he still screams at the screen when he's frusterated. Like it's going to help or something.

I have always enjoyed flicking him crap about it.
Of course. What are wives for, right?
Telling him things like: 'you take that wayyyy to seriously,' or 'um, calm down. It's just a game.'
Half the time I just sit there shaking my head while he's throwing a fit shouting things like: 'WHAT!!? I shot that GUY!!... WHATEVER!! I FRICKEN' SHOT that guy!!'
Um... Yeah. I totally don't get it, and it drives me crazy.

I have always had the same oppinion about video games. Always.
Never understanding how people can get so 'caught up' in them.
That is until 2 weeks ago...
That's when I discovered Super Mario Bros. on Layton's DSi.
[BIG. SIGH.]

Seriously. Something is WRONG with me.
I am obsessed. Yes people OBSESSED with that stupid game.
It's like a blast from the past, taking me right back to when I was a kid when my older brother and I would fight over who got to be Mario.

I find myself playing it 10 times a day, (okay, probably more) freaking out when I die, and screaming when I can't defeat the spiked-turtle-monster.
The other day? I even googled 'cheat sheets' and tips on how to get to certain levels.
[See? I told you this was a problem.]

Half the time Kaylee and Layton are asking: 'Mom? Can we please play it now??' While Lee just laughs at me, and  says: 'um, calm down babe. It's just a game.'
Yeah, I am highly doughting that he will let this one go anytime soon.

Serves me right I guess - for all the years that I have talked smack, and nagged on him.
He is going to take full advantage of this one, and honestly? I can't really say I blame him.

You know what they say about payback...

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it Heather! As I am a 'bit' older than you, I didn't have the luxury of playing games that were so 'high' tech but I still got hooked. My obsession was an Atari game called Keystone Kops and Lisa was always asking when can I play? I swear it is how I developed carpal tunnel syndrome...

    ReplyDelete