Friday, February 5, 2010

I'll probably ALWAYS be this way.


So, the other night Lee was teasing me about a silly "quirk" of mine.
(I have many, for all of you who don't know.)
I was lying in bed last night, and you guessed it.
I was having a hard time falling to sleep.
I started listing all my interesting "ways"
in my head, and realized something:
I'm kinda weird.
Lee always says that he truly believes
that I suffer from OCD on certain issues,
And I'm finally realizing:
The guy may be right.
I also came to the realization that
this is also just who I am.
(And, I kinda like ME.)
-----------------------
- I have to wear socks to bed every night. Otherwise my feet FREEZE.
- Before I drink milk or have it on my cereal, it has to be
 in the freezer for 10 minutes so it's super COLD.
- Sometimes I go to the movies JUST for the popcorn.
- I have a crazy obsession (and collection)
of cute undies, big earrings, and knit hats.
- I wear heels EVERY single day.
- I can't stand RUDE people.
- After tucking my kids in for the night, I "check" on them at least
 5 times for a "re-tuck" and more kisses while they sleep.
- I can't sit down and relax for the night until my kitchen is CLEAN.
- I check to make sure my doors are locked at least 10 times a night.
(If I don't, I just know someone is going to come in, and KILL me.)
-I could NEVER get tired of watching Dirty Dancing.
I still think it's the best movie EVER.
- I'm CRAZY in love with my camera.
- I LOVE to crank the music in my car, and sing at the
top of my lungs like no one else is with me.
(My kids even beg me to stop sometimes.)
- For some reason, most people think
I'm stuck-up when they first meet me.
- Honestly, this bothers me more than most people know.
- I'm a SUCKER for thrift-shopping, and
I get an actual RUSH when I find a great deal.
- I KNOW that I have the BEST-est friends in the entire WORLD!
- I love CHEAP sunglasses.
- PINK is my favorite color.
- I thank GOD everyday for the blessings in my life.
- I'm super PICKY about the movies I'll watch.
(Drives the hubby.... CRAZY!)
- I WON'T wear shorts.
- I have a LOVE for "artwork"... on my skin.
(Who knows how many tattoos I'll end up with?)
- I STILL think that Lee is the hottest guy I've ever laid eyes on.
- I DWELL on my past, more than I should,
But I've learned that talking about it
 DOES make me feel a little better.
- I DON'T like sweets,
but, I CRAVE pizza and cheeseburgers almost daily.
- Sometimes, I like to just get in the car and... DRIVE.
- I LOVE my kids so much it HURTS.
- I still don't understand why I have to be SHORT.
- I love trying new recipes, and
WOW-ing my family with my MAD skills.
- If I could AFFORD plastic surgery, I'd get calf implants.
(I know most people are probably
 scratching there heads right now.)
- Riding quads is one of my FAVORITE things to do.
- I feel so FORTUNATE to have married
into such an amazing family.
- I FEAR that when a giant tsunami
hits the Oregon coast... I'll be there.
- I should be BANNED from using Google when I'm not feeling good.
- I LOVE my dog even more than I ever thought I would.
- I'm OBSESSED with the hand soap from Bath & Body works.
- It drives me CRAZY when people don't
put new toilet paper on the roll.
- The SUNSHINE can usually make my bad mood just disappear.
- I HATE math.
- I LOVE to read.
- I Can't STAND drivers that don't "wave"
when I let them out in front of me.
- I LOVE the fact that I still get butterflies
in my stomach when Lee holds my hand.
- I CRY about the stupidest things on T.V.
- I'm OBSESSED with reality shows.
- I'm PROUD of my kids, and who they are.
- I LOVE the beach.
- My adorable nieces make me SMILE.
- I MISS the care-free feeling of being a kid.
- I LAUGH at the stupidest things.
And, my "PLAN" is to LIVE until I'm a HUNDRED years old.

9 comments:

  1. Yep!, all of those things make you the bestest and cutest daughter-in-law we could ever wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... Thanks Lester. :] I think it makes me sound a little CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Heather we are to much alike lol! I have a lot of the same quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially the tsunami at the coast and checking the door lock 10 times haha but the milk thing is kinda weird! But hey God made us who we are and that is special even if we are short haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how many "quirks" we have in common!!!! The socks, doors being locked, Dirty Dancing, music in the car, people thinking I'm 'stuck up', sunglasses, dwelling on the past, being short, etc. I could go on! It's what makes us who we are and it's OK if we're a little weird! I get told it almost daily and I've learned to like the way I am...

    ReplyDelete
  6. :] Thanks for the comments guys. I find it interesting at how much I have in common with my friends. It makes me feel a little less strange, to know other people feel the same way I do about certain things. LOL. Oh... and Alex? Try putting your milk in the FREEZER. Seriously. It's awesome. Don't let it freeze, just get it cold. TRUST me. You'll never go back. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so you feel better I just want you to know that if I drink milk, which I hardly ever do, I to HAVE TO put it in the freezer so it gets cold first or I will not drink it.

    ReplyDelete