Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yeah, that place just SUCKS.

So, last night Becca and I went to Wal-Mart.
Sidenote: I can't STAND that place, and normally choose Target over them ANY DAY.
But, yesterday we were on that side of town and thought that they would be the best place to go for the birthday gift we were buying.
We were shopping in the toy department and there was an item in the wrong place.
We werent sure of the price, and couldn't find one of the self-scanners.
I wasn't even sure if they had them.
So, as soon as I saw an associate.
I stopped her for her help.

Me: "Excuse me? Do you guys have those self scanners?"
Her: "I can't help you. I'm not clocked in."
Me: Ok? I don't need you to show me, just wondering if you have them in the store?"
Her: "Sorry."
Me: " Um... ok?"
Her: "I don't even know, I can't help you."
Then she runs off like she's headed to a fire.

I was so frusterated.
Do these people NOT know what customer service is?
I really don't care that you're not clocked in... answer my question, and get a PERSONALITY, oh, and DROP the attitude.
That would be GREAT.
I have worked in retail for over 10 years and I would NEVER treat a customer like that.
Even if I was  totally inconvenienced.
I'm representing a business here. HELLO.
I can't count the times that I have been on a break, on the floor with my name tag still on, and someone has stopped me with a question.
I've even had to hang up my phone to help them, and I have NEVER EVER denied them quality customer service because I was off the clock.
It would have taken her a minute to help me... if that.
I was almost dumb-founded by her response.
So, there you have it. Wal-mart does it again.
I give them another chance, and they just piss me off.
Well, BITE ME Wal-mart.
Target is better than you anyway.
I should have went there in the first place, payed a little more, and saved myself the FRUSTRATION.
Lesson RE-LEARNED.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely Heather! Customer service is going by the wayside, maybe if employers would pay employees a decent wage and teach them respect by respecting the employee, the pay it forward would pay off! I am sick of no customer service, we should let employers know like you just have and only shop the places that respect their employees!

    ReplyDelete