Thursday, January 19, 2012

Month: Six

-- My appetite has decided to show up finally. I spent the first few months with the urge to vomit every 30 minutes so food became a hard thing to handle. I can now say, that food is sounding good, and tasting good again. I have noticed that I can't eat a whole lot at one time (I am guessing it has something to do with the shrinkage of my stomach after all of those weeks of morning sickness?) but it is nice to actually be able to sit down to dinner and enjoy what I'm eating.

--  I bought Ava's bedding a few weeks ago. I have decided to go with a brown & pink mod-dots theme and found everything on Clearance at Target. They didn't have a few of the seperates but my oh-so-awesome mother-in-law got the missing pieces for me online and I now have the full set. I am getting super antsy to get her nursery done, although I know it will be awhile based on the fact that the add-on still hasn't started. I guess that's what happens when you have a husband working OT all the time. The plan is to hit it hard in February. Lee even said the other night that he's beginning to stress a little about it now, but I know that once we get started it should go pretty quickly. Fingers crossed.

-- At my last appointment I was still measuring bigger than normal. Almost 3 weeks to be exact. This girl is just growing, growing, growing. I'm also starting to notice that getting up from a lying-down position is getting harder and rolling over at night almost takes the wind out of me everytime.



















-- The kids finally got to feel her kick. I will never forget that moment or the looks on their faces when they finally felt her. It was the best.

-- Lee likes to talk to my tummy a lot as of lately. I find it a tad bit sexy, I'm not gonna lie. The fact that he is so connected makes my heart melt. I actually think that most of the time, he is more excited about her arriving than I am. (Which, says a lot because I am super stoked.) I can't wait to see him hold her for the first time. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

-- The peeing-every-ten-minutes has started too. Oh, someone shoot me. It is a rule now:  before any shopping trip - we must stop at the potty first. By the end of it - we hit it again before leaving. It's pure fun. NOT.

-- Sleeping is almost non-existent. It's been rough, but I'm getting used to it. Just rolling with the punches, and hoping it doesn't last the entire rest of my pregnancy. A few breaks in between would be greatly appreciated.

-- My friend Sarah has become my preggo-texting-buddy. We like to keep each other informed on anything baby and it's been really nice having someone to chat with who is going through it with me at the same time. 

-- Cravings. Wow, my cravings have been crazy! Anyone who really knows me, knows how true this statement is. I have been loving dessert. Anything sweet has become my new best friend. That's ice cream, cakes, brownies, donuts, cinnamon rolls... the list goes on. Normally? Anything sweet makes me turn up my nose. The other night, Lee just stared at me while I sucked down a strawberry milkshake, smiling and shaking his head. He's probably thinking: 'who are you? and what did you do with my wife?'

-- I took a trip to Victoria Secret the other day because I've been noticing that my bras have been a little snug and wanted to be re-fitted. I was so stunned that I thought I mis-heard her when she told me my new size. But, sure enough - she was right. Happy to report that I can now breath again.

-- I have also started shopping for the little Miss. Duh. Since we found out what we were having, I have had a hard time not hitting the baby department at every store I visit. She has quite the pile of clothes, blankets, and baby things piling up on my side of the bed. My newest favorite: a pair of leggings and a ruffly skirt in the smallest size possible. I seriously have a problem. The bestie has even started going a bit crazy but, I will admit, I enjoy it. She has good taste.

-- My weight gain has been like a yo-yo but it looks like it has finally started. As of this morning I am up 3 lbs. I know it only goes up from here, just like the last two.

 -- We have another ultrasound scheduled for next month. A 3D/4D just for fun. I'm excited to get a sneak-peek of what she's gonna look like. Eeeek!! Layton said to me the other day "Oh mom, I just hope she's cute." Ha! Made me crack up... but then kinda left me thinking the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love being your preggo-texting buddy! :)
    [[I'm pretty sure my child-less friends love it too, since I'm not texting them about everything, ha!]]

    ReplyDelete