Sunday, January 15, 2012

Checking-in.

Man, I am totally slacking lately on keeping up with my posts.
Maybe it's the fact that nothing super exciting has been going on around here, or the fact that I haven't been feeling great and I just haven't wanted to mess with it?

So, let's see. This week:

-- Kaylee started her math-tutoring program after school. This seems to be the only subject that she struggles with in school so I am happy that they are taking the proper steps to get her the help that she needs before she gets thrown into middle school next year.

-- We decided to get registered for baby stuff, so spent a couple of hours at Target and Babies "R" Us. Let me just say that all you need to entertain my husband, is aisles of items to scan and a gun that beeps. He was seriously worse than a child. But, he had me cracking up the whole time and I loved every minute of it. Plus, I am happy that it's over with, because it's one thing I get to check off the "things-to-do-before-baby-gets-here" list.

-- Lee came down with a nasty cold and was oh-so-kind-enough to share it with the family. I caught it last and it has knocked me down. Hard. Today will be a day of nothing to do. I need one of those.

-- I turned the big 3-0 on Friday. It was a good day (besides the fact that my body ached so bad that I wanted to kill myself.) We had made plans to do dinner in town and then head up to Portland for a comedy show. Everyone pre-ordered their tickets so there was no cancelling on my part - believe me, it crossed my mind. But, I bucked up, went and was happy I did. I had a great time. I'm lucky to have the family and friends that I do. They're pretty awesome you know. I look forward to my shopping spree that I will be going on (thanks to them) this week. I have lots of gift crads to spend, and cute new knit UGG boots to wear while I do it - thanks to this bad-ass husband of mine. Maybe this is strange, but I'm totally looking forward to thirty. Pshhh, I'm gonna rock it.

-- The rumor of us getting snow started around Thursday, so yesterday Lee and I went out to my errands ran. A trip to Winco to load up on groceries (just in case) because, Lord knows, I don't drive in snow - even a half an inch of it. I like to look at it, and play in it. That's it. I woke up this morning to all of my Facebook friends bragging about the fact that they all had some. I look out the window and nothing. I'm highly doubting that it happens here, but am ready for it if it decides to.

No comments:

Post a Comment