Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mispronunciations.

Every once and awhile Layton will have a problem with pronouncing a certain word. There aren't many, but a few he gets stuck on.

It just so happens to be one of my favorite things that he does, because quite honestly, it's just adorable and I know that someday I am really going to miss it.



















Kaylee and him share the chore of taking the trash cans to the end of the driveway every Wednesday night. Yesterday, after school they went out to do it, and he ran back in the house frantic, saying that he just couldn't.

Him: Mom, I can't touch that garbage can.
Me: Why?
Him: Because there is a huge and nasty crock-roach on there!!
Me: A what?
Him: A crock-roach!!
Me: Are you sure that's what it's called?
Him: (After thinking for a second) ... A crotch-roach?
Me: (Trying not to die laughing) No, not a crock-roach or a crotch-roach... How about a cockroach?
Him: Ohhh, yeahhhh, that's what I meaned.

[[We obviously still have some work to do.]]

Ahh, this boy. He can always make me laugh.
I just love him to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment