Friday, December 23, 2011

That "what is it?" wait is over.

Introducing: Ava Reese, our sweet baby GIRL:
















--I was so proud of myself for actually consuming the 32 ounces of water that they ask you to drink before an ultrasound. In the past I am known to just drink a little (I kinda hate water - unless it has crystal light in it) and always have to be sent back out into the waiting room to drink more. Lee just loves it. Not.

--When the tech first started the scan, little miss Ava would not cooperate. At all. She was laying face-down curled up in a ball with no desire to move. Even with all the nudges and shakes that were going on to shift her... nope, she just wasn't having it.

--We took the kids along and they were so interested in it all. They asked alot of questions and I was thankful to have such a sweet technician that didn't seem to mind at all. She explained everything she was doing. While she measured, she even told them what everything was. (That was really nice for me too, since I usually can never tell what I am looking at on those things.)

The foot:


The hand:


The proof:


--After the initial "it's a little girl" announcement, Layton became very quiet. Lee asked him if he was okay and he just shrugged his shoulders and said: "well, I won't be able to teach her anything." (Somebody had high hopes for a baby brother.) He has been pretty quiet today ever since, but just came up to be and gave me a random hug and then patted my belly. I am hoping that this is a sign that he is getting used to the idea - cause there is nothing we can really do about it now.

--I was told to get up and use the restroom (in hopes that she would move) and layed back down to see that she hadn't. I then had to roll to my left side, then my right, then onto my back again. Finally, all the moving got her to flip over. Even afterwards though we couldn't get a great profile picture of her because she prefered to have her foot in her face and her hand almost in her mouth the entire time. I joked around and said that I really hope this girl isn't a thumb-sucker. You watch, she will be.


--She is weighing in at about 11 ounces and according to the tech at this stage she should be about 9 ounces so she's just a little on the bigger side. I have this hunch (and have since the beginning)  that she will be closer to early-May rather than mid, but we shall see. Either way though, I just can't wait to meet her. I know she is going to bring our family so much joy. Heck, she already has. 

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I remember when I found out that I was having a little girl. It was welcome news after 3 boys, and for being the last one. Congrats to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, yay! I was wondering how Lay was doing with this...he's going to be such a great big brother, no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's those sugar cookies, helping her grow. So happy for you and your family, tell Layton that there are lots of things he has to teach her, like how to wrestle, and how to play in the dirt, and how to handle her own, he also has to keep all the boys away from her when she gets older, he has a big job ahead of him.

    ReplyDelete