Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So out of the 'baby' loop.

It's obviously been awhile since we have had a baby in our house, and the fact that this one and Layton will be 8 years apart actually makes me cringe a little when I think about it. I have a feeling it's going to be an interesting transition, but one I am thrilled for of course.

The other day I decided to browse through the baby department at a few stores and was feeling a little lost to say the least. Some of the things that they have out now, had me scratching my head. I think they had at least 30 different types of pacifiers if not more (even something that looked a lot like a mouthgaurd for a football player - I still haven't figured out what its purpose was), a bottle warmer that reminded me of a coffee maker, an infant carseat that actually cost over $550 and they even have a baby swing that converts into a bouncer, and a highchair. Um.... okay? Smart thinking, I guess.

I stood there feeling a bit overwhelmed. I won't lie.

One thing I also have been hearing a lot about lately are these super, duper CUTE  leg warmers for babies that they didn't have when my kids were little.

I love them so much that my I already have a few pairs (for both boy and girl) picked out and in my shopping cart ready to be ordered as soon as Friday rolls around and we finally know what this little bean is.

Oh, baby shopping... It's right around the corner. Eeeek!!

2 comments:

  1. Things have changed just in the last 3 years! I was looking at a friends baby registry last year and I was like...what the hell IS all this stuff?
    PS - I may have already purchased a pair of baby legs for your baby bean...ahem. I have a problem. Also, I hope you like rainbow colors. Can't wait for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, those ones were in my cart. They aren't anymore ; ) I should say "thanks" in advance because I LOVE them. As for Friday? This week has been going by wayyyy to slow for my liking. Ugh. I'm seriously dying here.

    ReplyDelete