Monday, December 12, 2011

[Preggo] UPDATE.

So, my sweet friend Sarah gave me this idea to document stages of my pregnancy. (I was inspired after I read a blog post of hers last week.) What a great way to be able and remember all of the ups, downs, joys, and occasional freak-outs that come along with this amazing journey.

So, here goes:

-- Just when I thought I was over the 'throwing up every day' thing, it slapped me in the face again last week. HARD. I had to go back on my medication for nausea and the last couple days have been a huge relief. It sure beats walking around feeling sea sick 24/7.

-- I scored a doppler from my friend Bree and am now in the habit of listening to babys heartbeat everyday (Okay, and sometimes more than once a day. Why lie?) It makes me feel connected and gives me a sense of reassurance.

-- This belly of mine is getting BIG. I find myself even being a bit self-conscious about it when people compliment me. I feel like I am almost too big for how far along I am. (Lee has to keep reminding me that at every appointment the baby measures bigger - meaning I am going to look bigger.) I'm not exactly sure why I am bothered by it. Maybe I'm just worried that I will have a huge baby? My friends wife just had a 10 pounder. Um, that better not be me.


















-- We have decided on names. We thought we had them well over a month ago but something kept bugging me about our choices. So, the last few weeks we have been working out the kinks and have 2 names finally locked in. If we have a boy (which almost everyone is certain it will be) his name will be: Landon McCoy. If it's a girl (which I am certain it will be) her name will be: Ava Reese. We find out in 12 days and I can hardly wait. I need to get this 'planning and shopping' show on the road.

-- Baby is moving around a lot and I can finally feel it. It's the best. Sometimes we even play a little game with the flashlight. I shine it on my tummy and move it around and the baby responds everytime. It's pretty amazing.

-- Layton is obsessed with rubbing my belly. I have noticed lately that he will even do it self-consciously sometimes when he's just talking to me. It's adorable and I love it. I just know that he is going to make a great big brother.

-- I started a breastfeeding class last week and made the bestie come as my support person. In the past I haven't been successful and this time, I am determined. I am super excited about it.

-- I have this crazy craving for red, white, and green gummy bears. (I have to eat all 3 flavors together) and refuse to share them. The kids always get the leftovers: yellow and orange. Lee bought me a 7 lb bag from Costco the other day and it's already half eaten. Mmmm. I love them.

-- (This may make some people want to punch me in the face but I have to say it anyways because it is part of my documenting.) I have not gained a pound... Instead I am down 10. (Makes me kind of sad actually, if I am being honest.) For me though, this is the norm. It was the same with both Kaylee and Layton and I get to thank the lovely morning sickness for that. No worries though - I usually start packing on the pounds at about 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. awww, cute :)
    though ya...i do want to punch you in the face. i had already gained 4 at my first appointment and i wanted to DIE.

    ps - love the names...i think mccoy is absolutely the sweetest middle name. and ava was on my list - no more! :)

    ReplyDelete