Thursday, December 22, 2011

The contract.

The other night, I was super pleased that the kids were playing together and actually getting along.
It seems like these days all they want to do is argue so when they spent over 2 hours playing nicely - I wasn't complaining.

I went into check on them and let them know that it was time to start cleaning up and let me tell you it was beyond a mess. Every toy out of every bin was on the floor including the toys from Kaylees room.
It was clear that they had fun.

Kay came out of the room a little later and was sitting on the couch. I look and see that Layton is slaving in his room to pick everything up but he wasn't saying anything about her not helping (which never happens.)

This was our conversation:

Me: Kaylee? Why aren't you in there helping him?
Her: I don't have to.
Me: Um, yes you do.
Her: No, really. I don't have to. He signed my contract.

She hands me this:
















((Well after I read it, of course I laughed.))

Me: Okay, first, this is not okay. This is something your Dad would have done to your Aunt when they were kids (I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.)
Get in there and help your brother. NOW.
Her: Fine...

Later, I explained to her that half the things on the list benefited her just as much as him and that was why it was extremely un-fair for her to make him do all the work afterwards.

She just smiled, laughed and then said: Oh, I know, but it was sooo worth a shot mom.

Wow. Really? [SIGH] This girl is our handful, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment