Monday, June 27, 2011

The road trip.

We ventured out this weekend (without Lee) and headed for Roseburg with the family for a wedding.
Halfway in - about and hour or so after taking off I realized something: I hate driving long distances.
I don't think I realized it before then because normally that is Lee's job, but luckily, my kids do awesome in the car for hours. I don't think I even heard a 'are we there yet?' once. [Lucky for them.]

We stayed in a cute little motel and had the best waffles for breakfast each morning.
I think Kaylee and Layton enjoyed the elevator, the key card, and being under the same roof as their cousins the most.

We were spoiled with beautiful weather both days, and the wedding was just as pretty.

On the way home we stopped off at The Wildlife Safari and that was a super COOL experience. We even had an encouter with two ginormous girraffes who were just inches from our car.
The kids (and myself) were in total awe.
[Unfortunately, my phone malfunctioned (okay, so maybe it was me) and I don't have the video that I thought I was recording.] Otherwise, it would be on here. GRRR.

Anyhoo, This trip was super fun and we enjoyed all the time spent with the family.
Can't wait for more of our summer-adventures that await us.

































[[This was taken at the wedding and just goes to show that sometimes it is nearly impossible to get these two to cooperate for a picture... Stinkers.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment