Sunday, June 12, 2011

The freckle face.















I have always tried to find features on Kaylee that might somehow 'link' us.
I have even found myself browsing my old baby books to see if I looked anything like her when I was younger and sadly, I haven't been able to come up with anything.
It might sound a little crazy but it actually does make me a little sad that my daughter looks nothing like me.

She's tall, I was short.
She's a blonde, I had darker hair.
She has dimples, I had chubby cheeks.

I have been told that Layton resembles me quite a few times and I can actually see it when I look at a picture of us together.
The kid was blessed with my nose and we have the same cheek bones.
But, Kaylee? Nada.

With this being said, I discovered something the other day when she hopped out of the pool.
The sun was shining perfectly on her cute little face and that's when I saw them... FRECKLES.
I litterally grabbed her by the cheeks to get a better look.
I couldn't believe it. My child had freckles.
[Who would have thought that something like this could actually make me so thrilled?]

Inside I was screaming 'Yay!! She has freckles just like I did at her age' but, when I pointed them out to her she just sighed and said: "Yeah, I've been noticing those."

I remember how I felt about mine when I was younger and it was pretty much the same as her.
I hated them.

But, as a mom who has been trying for 10 years to find something, anything that would make me feel like I actually passed on something from me to her - this discovery totally made my day (and quite possibly my entire year!)

1 comment: