Monday, April 4, 2011

Our first "it sucks to be a homeowner" moment.

Yep, something decided to crawl under our house and DIE a few weeks ago.

We finally realized it after an awful odor filled the house.
Okay, that's an understatement - awful doesn't even begin to describe the horrific smell.

I was mortified when I woke up the morning of Kaylee's birthday party and couldn't even inhale without wanting to gag.

Unfortunately, the way our house sits, it makes it almost impossible for any "regular sized man" to fit underneath it. So, Lee got out of having to go hunting for whatever it was. [Lucky, LUCKY guy.]

I spent about an hour on the phone that morning trying to get someone to come out - but not only did they want to charge me $300 - they also couldn't get here until Monday.
[Um, NOT an option.]

Thankfully, we were fortunate enough to have a friend of ours come out and retrieve it for us for much less, and honestly, I can't thank him enough.

The dead possum is now gone, and my house is back to smelling like... my house.

Ugh, dealing with stuff like this?
Yeah, NO. BUENO.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like nate lucked out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we KNEW not to ask him. Ha! I said to Lee: "He won't even do it for $125 bucks!? Really?" He responded with a quick-and-simple: "NOPE."

    ReplyDelete