Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just call him Curious.





















Bentlee has been showing a huge interest in the newest member of our family recently; Sheldon the turtle.

Kaylee got him for her birthday and is responsible for his care (most days) but on weekdays, I am the one who feeds him, and cleans up his tank in the morning after I drop the kids off at school.

Bentlee has got used to this ritual and he sits by my side the entire time.
The other morning he started to get a little more antsy than usual.
He couldn't sit still, and was constantly whining. [and yes, he was driving me crazy.]
I took Sheldon out and held him up to the dog, and instantly Bentlee hunched down like he was ready to pounce - with his nub wagging back & forth wildly, I realized that he just wanted to play.

Later that day, I was on the couch reading and noticed that Bentlee wasn't lying beside me anymore.
I walked into Kay's room and found this:





















He sat there. Forever.

And after watching this? I couldn't help but wonder...
Okay, does he want to play with him, or does he want to eat him?

I guess we will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment