Sunday, April 24, 2011

Add this one to the list:

Pet peeve #35 - Fast food places that screw up my order.

The other night after a late soccer practice with two hungry and tired kids I was in no mood to cook.
I wanted fast and easy so drive-thru it was.

We went to Carls Jr. (because they have a killer chicken sandwich that I crave almost weekly) and I placed our order.
Now, not to be rude or anything, but the kid working there? Well, lets just say - he didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

We waited, waited, and waited some more all the while I'm thinking to myself: 'fast food' my ass.

Finally, we make it home and the kids are more than ready to dig into their burgers.
I open the bag, and discover... this isn't our order. Not even close.

I'll admit. I threw a bit of a tizzy. I was hungry, irritated, and now, I didn't even get to enjoy my chicken club?
NOT. COOL.

Luckily, I have awesome kids who were fine with settling for the double cheeseburgers and splitting the small french fries, because not only was I in no mood to pack them up and drive back down there?
There is one thing that I won't complain about and that is: food for me, and my family that is prepared by someone else.

I have anxiety over it anyways, and I know that if I prance back down there and let them have it? There is no telling what they will 'include' in my meal this time.
Um, no thanks.

It just adds to the frustration I guess.
They can suck at their job and mess it up as much as they want, and I will just deal.
Because the alternative? It is so much worse in my oppinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment