Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom's day.

















As everyone knows. Things are a little nuts around here.
We've been working night and day for awhile now trying to get everything ready for the big move.
So, of course we're tired.
My 'secret' plan was sleeping IN on Mothers day. I'm not a morning person in general, so especially when I'm exhausted... it sounded even more perfect.
Instead? I wake up to this:

The kids are in the kitchen.
Clanking dishes together.
Opening and closing the fridge.
Fighting with each other, but trying to "whisper" while they do it.
I look at the clock. It's 7AM.

I doze back off to sleep.
I awake again to Kaylee in a panic, and her screaming at Layton for getting water all over the bathroom floor.
I look at the clock. It's 7:10AM.

I stumble out of bed, walk into the bathroom, and discover that there is an 'ocean' in there.
I closed my eyes. Took a DEEEEEP breath, and bit my tongue.

I look at Kaylee. She's on the verge of tears and she says:
"Mommy. I was just trying to help you. We made you breakfast, and I was trying to give Layton his shower, but now you just have this mess to clean up!" She then shrugs her shoulders and whispers: "Happy Mother's day."

I just leaned over, gave her a hug, and told her thank you.

After the bathroom was salvaged.
They gave me my "homemade" mothers day pictures, and my bowl of strawberries, and orange slices.

Then?
Lee walks into the kitchen half asleep, and says:
"Did you guys just wake up? Happy mother's day baby."

Oddly enough, it was a perfect morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment