Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home.























Yesterday, Karen asked me how things were going and what I was feeling about the new house.
Today, I realized the answer to that question:
It's 'feeling' like home.

The kids have become comfortable.
I am starting to notice toys making it out of bedrooms, and have even found a few stuck between the couch cushions.
Shoes are no longer placed neatly in the shoe bin but instead they are in a heaping pile next to it.
The laundry basket was stuffed full this morning as well as the dishwasher full of dirty dishes.
Bentlee's muddy paw-prints were all over the utility room floor, as well as his beloved stuffed animals that he now drags outside through his doggy-door then drags back inside once they have been drenched by the rain.
I could go on, but I think you get the drift.

I have spent the entire day doing the following:
-I picked up toys strewn throughout the house.
-Cleaned mirrors.
-Scrubbed toilets.
-Dusted EVERYTHING.
-Washed, dryed, folded, hung, and put away FOUR loads of laundry (and still have TWO loads to go.)
-Started the dishwasher, then unloaded it.
-Mopped floors
-Vacuumed
-Cut Layton's hair.
-Trimmed Kaylee's hair.
-Got kids in the shower.
-Made a pasta salad to go with dinner.
-Cleaned the kitchen and took out the garbage, and the recycling.

So, yeah. It's for sure feeling more 'normal' around here.
Now that all the un-packing has happened and the fun decorating is done.
The up-keep begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment