Friday, May 28, 2010

Diagnosis.

We had an ordeal this week.
Now, normally I would drag out the entire story (because I'm a female, and that's what we do)
but instead, I will attempt to make a 'long story short' because I have told it so many times that I am honestly, sick of hearing myself explain it.

Tuesday:
Kaylee tells me she has a 'bump' on her foot that itches.
I look. It doesn't look serious so, I tell her to 'suck it up' and she'll be fine.

Wednesday:
Kaylee tells me that her 'bump' is bigger, and that there are now more 'bumps' and they all itch.
I look. It looks a little more serious, so I call the doctor.
The nurse on the line has me 'explain' what it looks like in great detail,  then proceeds to tell me not to 'freak out' but she thinks that Kaylee might have SCABIES.
(I then FREAK OUT, and shudder at the thought.)
We get worked in and head to see the doctor.
She examines her, and THANK GOD, assures me that it is NOT scabies.
(Yeah, I wanted to hug her.)
She thinks it's just a few nasty bug bites and not to worry.
Benedryl should do the trick.

Thursday:
I come home from work to find Kaylee completely covered in a rash.
It's on her legs, arms, feet, hands, stomach, back, AND her face.
She itches, and she's miserable.
Lee figures it's just a reaction to the bite.
(I figure that it's a disease, and she's going to die in her sleep.)
We give her more benedryl, and tuck her in. PRAYING that in the morning, (she'll be alive) and they'll be gone.

Friday:
NOT gone.
I go to work.
Lee takes her to the doctor.
I call him on my break.
He's picking up a script.
I ask him what it was.
He simply says: Poison oak.

Poison oak? Seriously?
WONDERFUL.

So, yeah. at least we FINALLY know WHAT has been bothering her all week.

All I can say is: after what this poor kid has been through the last 4 days... I think she has for sure earned herself an ice cream cone when she's feeling a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment