Sunday, December 9, 2012

The 7 month old.


This girl of ours is getting so big so fast. I was just telling Lee that I cannot believe how much she has changed development-wise in the last month. It blows my mind.

-- She is on the move and into EVERYTHING. She loves the Christmas tree and all of the ornaments that dangle from it. She loves the buttons on the sound system, the picture frames that sit on the bottom shelf of our T.V. stand and the bin full of shoes that sit by the door. Those? She enjoys putting in her mouth. Yep, keeping up with her is exhausting.

-- We changed her car seat a few weeks ago and she now sits in the cart when we shop. I hook my keys in front of her for her to play with and she is good to go.

-- She waves all the time. Anytime someone says "hi" or "bye" she waves. She waves at herself, she waves in the mirror, she waves at her toys. The kid loves to wave and it's adorable.

-- I had to go out and stock up on warm leggings because she will not keep her socks on. It was driving me insane. I have lost the matches to at least 5 pairs and her feet would always be freezing. I would walk around the grocery store with her in the basket just knowing that people were judging me and thinking 'that baby should have socks on with how cold it is today.' Auntie Becca even gave her a Christmas present early - a cute pair of slipper socks that are warm and actually stay on her feet. They're my favorite.

-- She is eating meals like a champ now and most days - prefers my food over hers. The other night I made fresh green beans and pureed hers. She wasn't having it. I offered her mine just mashed up and she ate all of them. She knows what's up.

-- Her sleeping schedule is still whack. Some nights she sleeps okay. Others, it's down right awful. She has started rolling over in her sleep and most of the time it wakes her up and pisses her off but the last two mornings I have peeked in on her to find her snoozing on her tummy. I'm trying to convince myself that she will not suffocate. It's been a challenge.

-- Her giggles are hilarious. It's almost like she is holding in a big belly laugh every time. I can't wait until she just cracks up.

-- She has figured out how the bath plug works and is obsessed with pulling it. The other night she let out her water 3 times. She will pull it, and then place her hand over the drain and laugh. I'm guessing it tickles. She then enjoys feeling the water with her hands as it pours out of the spout to refill the tub.

-- Unfortunately, this little girl already has 'tude. She has started shaking her head 'no' and at first I figured she had no clue as to what it meant, but I'm starting to think she does. When I say 'no', she shakes her head. When she's mad, she shakes her head. The latest? If she's upset with me she will scream, close her eyes like she is squinting and... yep, shake her head.

-- After bath time every night, she fusses until I let her hold her hairbrush (she loves her hairbrush) but as soon as I take it away - that wonderful little attitude comes out. Mmm hmm, we are for sure in trouble with this one.


1 comment: