Friday, October 26, 2012

The surprise.

Well, we made it to Texas and I didn't die.
Grandma was a little confused at first and it took her a minute to process that it was actually us standing in front of her.
We have enjoyed catching up and she just loves to sit and hold Ava (for as long as the squirmy worm will let her.) It reminds me of the many times she would hold me like that when I was little and it makes me happy.
I have also really enjoyed spending time with my aunt. The last time I really saw her was when I came to visit at 15 and me growing up has really made a difference when it comes to our relationship. I guess it just took me becoming an adult for me to realize and appreciate just how special she is.
It has taken a little time for Ava to adjust and its been rough on the both of us. Sleeping was hard last night because she was so restless but today we accomplished two full naps so I think she is getting it.
My brother arrives tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm really missing home so I hope that having him here will help with that.
[P.S. Texas is freaking HOT in October.]

No comments:

Post a Comment