Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello, food.


I started Ava on solids last week.

We introduced oatmeal cereal and she took right to it. We had that for almost a week before trying bananas. Those? Not such a hit. I tried on three different occasions to get her to eat them with no success.

So, we moved on. I went for a vegetable and tried to give her peas. After about 10 minutes of trying everything including the 'airplane' sound, singing/chanting "yummy, yummy, in your tummy" as I danced the spoon around, and finally, just trying to pry her mouth open - it just wasn't happening.

I continue to give her oatmeal but as for fruits and veggies, she just doesn't seem to like them.

Big people food however? Well, she seems to be super interested in what I eat. I shared a bowl of soup with  her yesterday and the other night she kept getting highly irritated with me when I failed to feed her the sauce from a tator-tot casserole fast enough.

This girl has got me wondering if she would rather just skip the pureed and unsweetened crap and get right to the good stuff. If so, I can't really say I blame the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment