Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The trip.

I have quickly been reminded that I am no longer in charge of my life. Ava pretty much runs the show when it comes to me planning anything. I now have to try to make plans around her schedule. When she naps, eats... etc. 













Last weekend my mom invited the girls and I out for lunch and a little shopping at the mall. I figured since we were meeting around 11 , that I could just feed her before leaving the house and she would have her usual mid-afternoon nap in her stroller. Seemed simple enough. WRONG.

Why would she want to nap so I could enjoy a little retail therapy? Why would she want to sleep and allow me to have a nice and peaceful lunch? Of course she didn't.

I find it funny at how when I first started breastfeeding that I was so afraid of nursing in public. I was worried what others would think, if they would stare or even possibly confront me. Interesting how a screaming and pissed off baby will quickly change things. I went from worrying to not giving a crap - in seconds. Instead my mood was more like: go ahead, say something. I. DARE. YOU. So there I was. prancing around the mall with a baby hooked to my boob. And, even though I did it discreetly, people do love to gawk. (and yes, they got the stink-eye right back.)

I spent the majority of the trip either feeding her, or holding and bouncing her while she screamed bloody murder. (This was especially awesome while trying to swipe my debit card numerous times while a new cashier was being trained.) Normally, I have all the patience in the world for that, but not on this day.

So, needless to say - our first long shopping outing was kind of a disaster. I have high hopes that the next one will be better, but I'm prepared that most likely I will have similar ones in the near future.

Ahhh, babies. Aren't they just full of fun? Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, nursing in public...good times :)
    And I would rather have gawkers over some random stranger telling me I didn't need to 'cover up' because it didn't offend her. Ummm, thanks lady that works at Taco Time but I really don't need you to see my boob. True story.

    ReplyDelete