Thursday, July 12, 2012

The 2 month old.














-- She had her well-check earlier this week and weighed in at a healthy 10 lbs 8 oz. Yep, she is chunking up nicely. Unfortunately, she had to have her shots on this day as well. I am known to be a total wreck during this process (it breaks my heart) so Becca came with me and offered to be the 'bad guy' while comforting her through it and then handing her to me so I would be known as the 'rescuer.' Ha. What are best friends for - right? (Although, I'm pretty sure it was just as hard on her, as it was me.) Afterwards, Ava had a rough night. Poor little lady. The next morning though she was back to her happy little self.

-- Speaking of her being almost 11 lbs, I had to go through her clothes already and get rid of the stuff that no longer fit her. Sad day.

-- It seems like every day she gets a little more vocal. She talks her 'baby babble' to you, but only when you talk to her. Her most talkative time is when she is being changed.

-- Her personality is also coming out more and more. She is a good baby, very smiley and happy - for the most part. But, she is a bit spoiled (shocker, I know.) So, I have been letting her cry more. It's the times when I know she is fine, like when she is fed, and dry. The times when I am trying to fold a load of laundry or load the dishwasher and she would just prefer to be held. She is somewhat stubborn already (reminds me so much of Kaylee as a baby, sigh.) and a certain type of cry is a great indicator of when she is just royally pissed at me. The other day she was literally throwing a fit, because I put her down. I said to Lee: "You hear that? That is total 'tude already." He just gave me this look and nodded his head like he was saying 'yep, we are screwed.'

-- Her sleep schedule has been getting better, not that she was ever a horrible sleeper - from the very beginning she has went in 2-4 hour stretches, but in the last week, she has slept a full 7 hours for me twice. It has been wonderful. It's been nice to already have her on a night routine that seems to be working. I bathe her, feed her, and then put her to bed in her crib. The last 3 nights she has slept in it all night without coming to bed with me in the early morning.

-- She's an active baby. Holy crap, the girl likes to move. She is already showing signs of rolling over from her back to tummy - doing the frantic rocking from side to side. The doctor made sure that I knew not to leave her unattended at all now. She loves to push with her legs, and she will 'stand up' for a good 5 minutes on our laps just looking around and taking it all in. I put her in the jumparoo the other night while I was fixing dinner. I had to put a step stool underneath (since she can't touch the floor) but she bounced in it for almost 20 minutes. Even this morning when she woke up, I noticed that she had somehow scooted herself from the middle of her crib, all the way to the left side. Crazy. Becca keeps teasing that she will be my early crawler and walker. I'm starting to wonder if she might be right.


-- She loves the mirror. I have little ones set up by her changing table and she will almost carry on an entire conversation with herself. It's adorable.


-- Colic strikes us in the evenings, every night. Boy, it SUCKS. Her pediatrician gave me a few things to try but told me to just hang in there and that 4 months is normally the 'magic number' of when it normally stops. Sheesh, I hope she is right. Some nights, I feel like I am going to go insane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment