Monday, July 16, 2012

As a mama of three.

I have never been a huge fan of change. I like to have a schedule and am comfortable with a normal daily routine. I knew that adding to the family would put a temporary kink into things (and may I just say, it has) but things around the Frakes house are starting to get back to a 'new' normal.

Having three. Well, it's a huge blessing. Last night I was cuddled on the couch with Ava in my arms, Layton at my feet and Kaylee on the floor with Bentlee right beside her. I had this rush of pride come over me and I couldn't help but think that I have the best kids ever.

Now, obviously I am not always in a sentimental mood like that. Most days I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to juggle all things kid related. I have tried my hardest to not let having a baby become an excuse to not do all the things that we did before she got here, and I think I have done pretty well at it. We still spend our summer days out and about, hitting the pool, doing the park thing, and hanging at Becca's. Football starts soon, so that will be a huge commitment on top of Kaylee and her training. But, that's just our life right now, so I will take it as it comes.

It's amazing to me at how much life does change with a baby though, but also at how quickly it has just become the way things are. I am starting to get sort of a system down and because of that am learning how to get more things done, without stressing so much. The big kids are a huge help. Anytime I need a baby holder, I have one. Although, I only have about 5 minutes until they are ready to give her back. I am super tired still, but have a feeling that will just be the way it is for years, literally. So, I'm getting used to it and lately? I pretty much amaze myself.

Who knew that I was capable of taking a 3 minute shower and able to get dressed in just under 2. Who knew that cleaning an entire house, unloading a dishwasher, sweeping floors, folding laundry, and scrubbing toilets would be so manageable while having an infant in a front pack. Or, that fixing dinner with a baby in a bouncy chair on the table next to you, could actually result in some of the best  'conversation' ever. Who knew that I was actually skilled enough to change a diaper with my eyes completely closed (this usually happens at about 3 in the morning when it is almost impossible for me to keep them open.) Who knew that bouncing a baby to sleep, while editing pictures, while talking on the phone, and while eating lunch was even possible? Not this girl. But, I am quickly discovering these new found skills more and more everyday and honestly, I wouldn't trade this crazy chaos for anything in this entire world.

















1 comment:

  1. Aww, that last picture is so sweet!
    And ps, you're awesome. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete