Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The outcast.














I have this feeling that Bentlee feels like he has been somewhat replaced since Ava arrived. He quickly went from being spoiled and loved on by me all the time, to me constantly telling him to settle down, or to go lay on his bed. I've tried my best to still give him a lot of attention, but lets face it - he's a dog, and I have a baby now who keeps me more than occupied.

He loves her though. Anytime she is crying, he nervously tries to lick her. Anytime she is napping in her room, he is laying outside her door. The other morning he even stole my spot in bed beside her and cuddled up to her for more than an hour. He is also known to stop her swing constantly by standing in front of it while trying to get to her. It drives me insane. Especially, when she is seconds from sleep and is then suddenly jolted awake. (I smack his butt every time, but he still does it.) Ha!














I do think it took him awhile to figure out exactly 'what she was' though. The first week was interesting. He didn't really know what to do with her. But, now, I think he has it figured out.

I think he knows that this little mini-human is here to stay, and I think he is okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment