Monday, August 1, 2011

Now, this is summer.

The last week has been awesome.
Temps in the mid-80's, the sun always shining through my windows in the morning, and the smell of fresh-cut grass and people BBQ-ing when I walk outside.

Who would have thought that Summer would decide to show up, finally at the end of July?
All I can say is that we are happy to see it.
The last 3 nights we have been down at the pool until 10 o'clock enjoying the warmer evenings, and I have actually needed to wear my sunglasses during the day.

Two things that I will complain about though [only, because I want to] is the bees and mosquitoes that seem to come along with the nicer weather, and the fact that they seem to love me lately. I counted 13 mosquito bites on my legs last week. The little bastards actually bit me through my jeans. Yeah... not-so-awesome.

But otherwise? I am one happy [& sun-tanned] girl.
Summer is my favorite season and I hope it chooses to stick around until October!

1 comment:

  1. Enough of this summer weather, I am ready for some more rain....:-)

    ReplyDelete