Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My time-for-a-change challenge.















I have been battling with myself for the past few weeks about one thing: my hair.

For the last 7 1/2 years, there has been little difference. I've played it up with color but the cut has always stayed pretty much the same.

So? Time for something different.
I have decided to let it grow.

Don't fall over people... I'm for real.

Now, for those of you who really know how I am, you know that this is gonna be a true test for me.
I laughed when I told the bestie because the first thing out of her mouth was: "Um, no you won't."
[She really does know me too well.]
She knows that I have tried this in the past (a few times) with no success.
Usually 8 weeks in it has me flipping out, and making an appointment.

I am aware that this process is going to be slow, frustrating, and for a little while I am going to be looking pretty shaggy (and hideious) I am sure. But, I want shoulder-length hair that I can pull back in a pony, pin back in cute twists, or even curl and crimp when I am in the mood.

I am just finding that I am super bored with the old, and I am more than ready to look a little bit different for a change.

Lee is already betting me that by the end of this month I will be calling my stylist to chop it off again.
Let's just hope that when I go in for my trim & color in a few weeks - that I don't actually cave.
I really do hate it when that guy is right.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember a long haired beauty that married my son. By the way, I cannot seem to post comments using the newest IE browser, but if I use the Firefox browser, I can. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete