Monday, August 8, 2011

Last week on the homefront:

Kaylee finished up her swim season with a pretty cool pool party.
She even caught a goldfish in the pool and now has another pet that she is responsible of feeding.
I fear that this # will continue to go up in the coming years. [Oh who am I kidding? I know it will.]

Layton was certified to play football and he finally got his gear.
Practices start next week and he is excited.
I must say that my favorite part of all this? His cute little butt in his football pants. A-DOR-ABLE.

I took advantage of a sale that Old Navy was having on jeans over the weekend. 10 bucks a pair could not be passed up.
I am happy to report that school-shopping is almost a done deal.
Oh, I love the feeling of accomplishment.

I dyed my hair dark. Really dark with a touch of all-over red. I'm really liking it.

Layton and Shelby had a camp-out in the backyard at Grandma & Grandpas on Saturday.
I was proud (and shocked) that they actually made it all night outside in a tent.
They had so much fun that Layton was passed out after being home for barely 5 minutes. The kid slept for 2 hours.
I am pretty thankful for such great in-laws.
These kids of mine are blessed to have Grandparents as wonderful as they are.

I fell in love with a new drink at Starbucks (okay, so new to me.)
Their double-chocolate-chip frappuccino is awesome.
[Actually, one of those is sounding pretty good right about now.]

I think we ended almost every night at the pool.
We love going late, because it's usually just us, and trying jumps off of the diving board (and looking a bit challanged) is wayyyy more fun without an audience.

Lee is now done with overtime for awhile. [The angels are singing.]
I am ready to see my husband for more than a day out of the week.

I have been going through a 'take-a-picture-of-everything-with-your-phone' stage lately, and have noticed that I need to stop posting so many pictures of my animals on Facebook. People are going to start making fun of me.

[[Oh, and speaking of pictures with my phone, Layton and I got a little bored a few days ago.]]
Here's the proof:














1 comment:

  1. Ok, I will try posting to see if it works. This will be posted using the Google Chrome browser from my eeepc.

    ReplyDelete