Sunday, May 8, 2011

My 'Mothers day' morning.
















I've always been a sucker for homeade gifts [ok, what mom isn't?]
Something about little kids putting everything they have into making a gift special - it just gets to my heart.

Kaylee set her alarm this morning for 6AM - and yes, that is too early for me. [well, most days.]
I woke up to a heartfelt arrangement of homemade cards, pictures of me and the kids on my kitchen table, and this 'certificate.'

She was beaming and so very proud of herself, and even though I wasn't really awake, and a tad bit irritated that it was barely 6:30 in the morning (hey, why lie?) I was totally touched by her efforts to make my day memorable.
Let's face it - the girl succeeded.

I gave her a great big hug and thanked her.
Then? I cracked up laughing at her response.
She says: "Well, I did plan on making you breakfast too mom, but I then figured you'd be kinda mad at me if I got your kitchen all dirty."

Ha! This kid gets her 'smarts' from me. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment