Thursday, March 24, 2011

Never been on "this end of it" before.

We are having an estate sale this weekend for Grandma Norene and I have been helping out Karen for the last couple of weeks in preperation.

Now, I love thrift shopping [Duh] and going to garage sales, but little did I realize just how much work goes into actually getting ready for one. WOW.
I find myslef looking forward to the actual sale because I think that will end up being the easy part. By far.

Now, I can't give myself much credit, compared to all of the time that Karen has put it, but honesty I have somewhat enjoyed this experience.

Not only do I have a super kick-ass mother-in-law that I love spending time with (no matter what we are doing) but there is also something kind of interesting about going through things of someones past and getting to hear stories behind all of those belongings.

In the "midst of the mess" I couldnt help but realize that these "things" were just a reminder of the person Grandma is and the life that she lived for so many years.
They all tell a story: her story, and no matter how tedious going through everything was, that is still a special thing.

In the end, after all of the digging through stuff, the packing, the sorting items, the organizing everything, the trips to goodwill, and the rounding up of boxes. After all of the pricing of it all, the bringing home things that I thought I needed, and the clearing out of rooms.

I've realized something...
Holy crap. I think we are ALMOST DONE!
(And that? Well, that is something to CELEBRATE - right Karen?)

No comments:

Post a Comment