Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mr. Pig














When we first got Bentlee we went on a shopping spree for dog toys.
Now, almost all of them were destroyed in the matter of days. Some, even minutes - but the one that held up for the longest and the one that quickly became his "favorite" was: Mr. Pig.

Mr. Pig (nicknamed recently by the kids) lasted for almost a year.
Throughout the 12 months he did however lose his ears, his tail, and finally all four of his legs.
When Bentlee finally chewed a huge hole in his rear-end it was time to say so long.

Even after throwing him away though - it was like Bentlee knew he was gone or something.
(I'm not even kidding.)
When he wanted to play, he' d wander the back yard, and the house as though he was looking for something. To this day - I swear it was that stupid pig.

Lee and I were out shopping last week and we landed at Big Lots to buy some comfy lounge chairs for the kids' rooms.
That's when it dawned on me.
I had bought it there.
Forever ago.

We decided to look [but, over a year later? I was pretty sure we were S.O.L.]
We raided the pet aisle, going through every bucket, box, and bin of chew toys.
I know. It's kind of pathetic. He's just a dog. Right? 
(Oh, well. We kind of love him.)
After searching for awhile...
There.
In the last box we looked in.
On the very, very bottom.
We found him: Mr. Pig.
[Well, his 'twin' anyway.]

Now, of course I had to triple-check for more, ready to stock-up if need-be.
But, nope.
There was only one.
So, we bought the sucker.

When we finally gave him to Bentlee he got as excited as he does when someone knocks on the door.
(Anyone who has ever been over to visit, knows just how crazy he can get when he's excited.)
See - this dog of ours? He's no dummy. He remembered.
It was as though he was thinking to himself: "Ahh, my friend! Wait. I thought I killed you?"

Ever since then Mr. Pig has quickly become his favorite once again.
He's the only one he goes for when it's play-time.
Kind of funny - and totally cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment