Sunday, March 13, 2011

Exploring my crafty-side.

For some crazy reason I decided to try and attempt to "make" most of Kaylee's party decorations for her upcoming birhtday party.

I am known to get these super cute ideas in my head and have no problem visualizing how I want things to look. But then, for some reason? They never seem to turn out that way.

The last time I tried to be domestic was about a year ago.
I tried to sew Kay a tu-tu for an 80's party.
Um - yeah. That one ended badly.

I figured that this time, at least there was no sewing involved.
That meant that I couldn't injure myself again. So, that was a plus.

However, I started my first project tonight and quickly learned that making crafts requires three things:
artistic talent, time, patience, [LOTS of patience] and unfortunately - I lack all three.

I also realized just how dumb I am. Seriously.
You would think that using a ruler would be pretty easy. Right?
Well, leave it up to me to even screw that one up.
I somehow had the wrong numbers in my head so I spent over an hour cutting out the WRONG sized squares.
*SIGH*

On the upside though - amazingly, I am not throwing in the towel.
[Well, not yet anyway.]
Now, usually I would.
I'd just get overwhelmed, and super frustrated and go out and buy everything.
But, instead. I am sticking with it (because that's what super-cool mom's like me do.)

Kaylee is so excited for the outcome and so am I.
Now - Just really hoping that she doesn't end up embarrassed in the end, or even worse; laughing hysterically at her craft-challenged mother.

1 comment: