Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My little hoarder.
















I usually try to do an intense "clean-up" of the kids' bedrooms twice a year.
Once right before Christmas and again before birthdays.

With both of their birthdays rapidly aproaching I decided to try to just get it out of the way.

I did Kaylee's last week and yesterday, Layton asked if he could help me with his.
NEVER. AGAIN.

This crazy kid cannot get rid of ANYTHING.

I had no idea that throwing away even crappy McDonalds toys would be like pulling his teeth.

He wanted to keep every single paper from his desk, every picture that he made in school, and even toy cars with no wheels.

I found a container of Mega Blocks from when he was 2 (yes, TWO years old) and he was begging me to even keep those.

Halfway into this I started getting horrible visions of him being on TLC in the near future... and totally cringing at the thought.

I found a handful of old coloring books with no blank pages left in them, and he was even refusing to let me throw those away.

[Oh, Please believe that he did not win this battle. In the end, I came out victorious.]

However, I can't say that I am not a little worried about my child.
I have no clue as to why he wants to hold onto everything.

I do know one thing though.
Next time I decide to clean out his room?
He will FOR SURE be in school that day.

1 comment: