Monday, November 8, 2010

Set-backs.

I am known to have chronic back pain from time to time.
I blame it on the scoliosis that [unfortunatley] runs in my family - and the fact that I have the WORSE case of it.
I was just 'bragging' to Becca about a month ago about how long it had been since I have had a flare-up.
I. SHOULD. HAVE. KEPT. MY. MOUTH. SHUT.
Here I am - confined to the couch until who-knows-when.
I am able to get around - at least to make trips to the bathroom - but it's a painful task.
[I have also noticed that in these trips - I am constantly dropping  ANYTHING that is in my path.] Seriously? WHAT. THE. HELL.

It usually results in conversations like these:
'Crap! Lee? The hair brush fell off the counter.' [or] 'Babe? I dropped my socks.' [or] 'Dammit. Lee? I can't get my Pajama pants on.'
And he always replies: [Sweet as can be] 'Ok. I got it.'

Luckily, he is home with me until tomorrow and he is able to help me.
[If he was working - I'd be so screwed.]
I find him rather cute actually - because he goes into Dr. Mode.
Making sure I am taking my ibuprofin, switching my ice packs and heating packs non-stop, bringing me food. drinks, and giving me massages every couple of hours.
[Yeah, THAT part is pretty hard to complain about.]
He's been AMAZING.

All I have to say about this whole experience?
I. AM. SO. OVER. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment