Thursday, November 11, 2010

The price I pay to let them 'express' themselves.

As everyone already knows - I am NOT a fan of the 'skinny' jean.
Becca used to agree with me and then something [I have NO IDEA what] happened to her.
The next thing I know? She was buying them for HER boys!
I loved giving her crap about it, and did so - any chance that I got.
But recently? That totally back-fired.
Ben grew out of a pair and she gave them to my child.
Now, honestly I was thinking  [to myself] of course: 'Nah, he'll never wear them... I will just pass them down to Kaleb.'
Then? She goes: 'Lay Lay! Come here!! I wanna try these on you!' [I cringed.]
And Layton? Well, he LOVED THEM.
Every single day since then - he begged me to let him wear them to school.
Finally, I agreed. [ONLY because I was SICK of hearing him ask.]
And yesterday morning? Well, it was honestly painful for me.
I had to fight the urge to tell him to change 3 different times - and then Lee even told me: 'you better let him wear those. He likes them. That's all that should matter.'
[WAIT. WHAT? This? Coming from the guy who used to comment on all the 'skaters' down the street who wore them? If I recall - he stated OFTEN  how boys should not be allowed to wear 'pants like that.']
Pshhh - seriously. WHATEVER.
So, he scooted out the door with a smile on his face, then returned home and happily announced how much EVERYONE loved his pants.





















I then thought to myself: 'well, they won't fit him for that much longer' - and this made me feel better.
Then? I remembered that Ben has a closet FULL of more -  and I am POSITIVE that Becca will be more than HAPPY to pass those along.
Yep. What are best friends for - right?

4 comments:

  1. I think they look so much better than those baggy pants, hanging down below boxer shorts, but maybe I am showing my age. Layton would look great in a gunny sack and so would his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are the CUTEST!!! I have some skinny jeans too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coach Kyle says that Layton needs to get bigger then Ben, so he won't get anymore of Ben's hand me downs ;)

    I have to say Layton is cute in whatever he wears, BUT I don't think I will be getting E a pair anytime soon. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!! Tell Kyle - I. TOTALLY. AGREE. :]

    ReplyDelete