Friday, November 5, 2010

I SWEAR - I am not trying to kill my child.















Mr. Layton was diagnosed with a double-ear infection in the beginning of this week and since then - I have been religious about giving him his antibiotics every day.
Yesterday though - I noticed that the bottle was looking rather empty.
I thought to myself: there is NO way that is going to last for as many days as he needs it. They didn't give him enough.
I then read the bottle and it CLEARLY said: 3 teaspoofulls 2 times daily.
My first thought: well, CRAP. I've been overdosing the poor kid.
[Apparently, I miss-read it.]
I was giving his 3 teaspoonfulls THREE times daily for 4 days straight.
Yeah, talk about feeling like a HORRIBLE mother. The shame 'set in' quickly.
Luckily - the nurse asvised me that it won't harm him, but also to just make sure I read the 'instructions' next time.
HA!
Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment