Thursday, July 22, 2010

She has something new this year: an oppinion.


















I have vowed that this year, I would be done with school shopping by mid-August.
I have been taking out a little each paycheck, and putting it toward anything that the kids will need for school.
Happy to report: It's going as planned.
Kaylee and I spent some time the other day shopping for clothes.
This time around she had her own 'style' in mind, and she didn't need my in-put like usual.
(Which I expected.)
But, amazingly it went way better than I imagined.
Once I got passed the skinny jeans, bright colored scarves, and crazy printed hoodies, I realized something:
This girl of mine is growing up to be quite the little individual.
She's creating herself on her own, with no worries of what others might think of her, and THAT there makes me a pretty proud mom.
So, if she prefers neon colored converse, with tye-dyed socks (which she DOES) then that's fine by me.
Because afterall, if she is totally happy with who she is, then honestly? That's all that really matters.

1 comment: