Thursday, July 8, 2010

The adventure.























Last Saturday, Lee informed the kids (and me) that we were going on a 'surprise' adventure.
Of course, they were stoked, and me?
Well, I HATE surprises.
He wouldn't tell us where we were headed, and he wouldn't give us any clues.
After about 20 minutes of me complaining, and begging him to just TELL ME ALREADY, I decided to just suck it up and try to enjoy it.
We ended up in Woodburn for breakfast, then to Portland.
The kids totally freaked when they saw a roller coaster as we pulled into Oaks Park.
I had never been, but was SOLD as soon as I realized that they had a roller rink.
I have been wanting to take the kids roller skating FOREVER.
It was one of my favorite things to do when I was younger, and I miss it sometimes.
Made me feel like a kid again.
Kaylee & Layton amazed me, at how quickly they caught on.
It took Layton a little longer to get the hang of it, (and I have a huge bruise on my rear from him crashing into me, to prove it.) But he had a BLAST the entire time.
We learned rather quickly who 'follows after who' in the thrill-ride department.
Layton is FEARLESS. Absolutely scared of... nothing.
He went on every ride more than once, and his favorite happened to be the FREAKIEST ride I have ever set eyes on. (Pictures to follow.)
Him and Dad went over, and over...
Kaylee and I?
We cringed.
We also discovered that Kaylee takes after me.
She fears scary rides.The only difference is she fights her fear, and tries them anyway.
That made me proud. I actually wish I could be a little more more like her when it comes to things like that.
I'm a total wuss. It's just a fact.
(Although, I did find one ride I really enjoyed: the disco.)
Totally AWESOME.
We enjoyed spending the whole day there. (and I mean the WHOLE day.)
Roller skating, riding rides, and playing games.
We left with a few stuffed animals, leftover cotton candy, and memories that will last a long time.
So, All in all, this little adventure that Lee planned?
Well, It was pretty much perfect.












































2 comments: