Monday, June 28, 2010

A MAJOR 'down-side' to parenting in my book.

I absolutely LOVE being a mother.
It's the greatest thing that I have ever done in my life, and these 2 kids totally hold the keys to my heart.
I love everyday that is spent with them.
The laughs, the moments that make my heart melt, all the good times, and even the times when they are driving me crazy.
All-in-all, parenthood is so rewarding.
However, there is one thing that I despise about being a parent.
All I have to say are three words and every mom out there will be able to relate instantly:
The Stomach Flu.
Oh, yes... nothing can prepare you for those nights when they wake up and barf all over themselves, and anything else within a 12 ft radius.
Poor Layton was up all night with this NASTY bug.
The poor kid. My heart hurt for him.
But, I also felt a 'little' sorry for myself.
I felt pretty un-cool wiping down every inch of his headboard and wall with clorox wipes.
Washing all his bedding at 2 in the morning, while my poor kid sat in the bath tub crying because he felt so crappy.
Finally, after 6 hours of non-stop trips to the bathroom, and many hand-washes, and teeth brushes later... he fell asleep and got some rest.
So, like I said, parenting is a pretty great experience most of the time, but defenitly not ALL of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment