Friday, August 31, 2012

This week.





-- As I have posted recently, I have been battling a nasty bug. It's going on a month now and last week I went in and was told I had double ear infections and bronchitis. I was put on a z-pac only to not feel any better 5 days later. I went back in today and after they ordered an x-ray it was discovered that I now have pneumonia along with an ear infection still. Yep. Lovely. So, we are spending the night in and plan to watch movies. I am completely out of energy and this gives me the perfect excuse to be lazy.

-- Kaylee had her orientation for middle school and received her class schedule. She is thrilled that she has five classes with her BFF - lord, help us.

-- Layton lost 2 teeth and is looking rather hillbilly-ish.

-- Speaking of Layton - his new favorite thing to do is to practice football related drills in the house. Yes, he is excited. I get that. But, I can only take so much of him smacking the pads as hard as he can and knocking pictures off my walls until I lose it.

-- I had my most challenging photo shoot to date. A sweet little family of 5 with a very busy 1 year old. Even though it got a little stressful for the mom, I just tried my best to reassure her and am thrilled with some of the shots I captured. It's not always sunshine and roses in this profession but it's good for me to have to face new challenges. It only makes me better.

-- Becca and I met my brother and Gregory for dinner to catch up. It's always a good time with those two.  I just love them.

-- I got pulled over this morning. Yep, that was awesome. Luckily, I got out of it with just a warning. That will teach me to not browse my play list while driving down the road anymore. I'm thankful he was a sweet police officer.

-- There is a boy on Laytons football team this season that has a Grandma who makes adorable baby headbands and hats. She is the nicest person and is busy making Ava some for the fall. Right now, she is working on a super cute owl design that I absolutely love. (I'm already planning that one to be on her head in her 4 month pictures.) Excited.

-- It's official. Ava and I are flying to Texas in October. We are going with my mom and brother to surprise my wonderful Grandma. I am very excited about the visit, but not so excited about the 'being gone from the family and bestie' or the 'flying' part. (I am sorta a big baby when it comes to flying.) I fear heights, and the fact that we will be thousands of feet in the air tends to freak me out just a bit.

1 comment: