Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The 3 month old.



















This girl of ours is getting so big and becoming more and more fun everyday. Her personality is awesome, and I can't believe how much of a little person she already is.

-- She is stubborn. She fights nap-time already and reminds me so much of another little girl of mine during these times. She has this thing she does when she doesn't want her binky. She will be in the middle of a meltdown and if you try to give her a pacifier - she will close her lips together as tight as she can so you can't get it in her mouth. Yep, she's a stinker.

-- Speaking of meltdowns, she hates her car seat - in the evenings. It's weird. If it's in the morning, or afternoon she does awesome, but if it's after 5? She will scream the entire car ride. The only thing I can figure is that she is more tired and grumpy at that time of day and just has no tolerance for it.




















-- Late last month she was diagnosed with acid reflux. She was having these almost seizure like episodes where her entire body would stiffen and convulse. I was freaking out. I took her in and they examined her and said she seemed healthy to them. We started to talk about some of her behaviors such as having the hiccups all the time, drooling, sticking her tongue out constantly and being really colicky at night. They said that these were all symptoms of AR, and the spasms were most likely because of the pain she was in. They put her on medicine for it, and within 2 days - she wasn't having them anymore, plus, her colic is almost a thing of the past. I am so thankful that it wasn't something more serious. I don't think I have ever been so scared.

-- Bath time is her favorite. She actually gets excited now after I put her in and will kick and splash. It's pure cuteness.

































-- The other night afterwards, I was giving her the normal baby massage and she started laughing when I got to her hands. It was such a happy moment. Of course, she hasn't done it since for anyone else to see. (So, I'm pretty sure the kids think I'm a liar.) But, I know that she will be laughing it up all the time, soon enough. That moment is one I won't forget.

-- I broke down the other day and went out to buy her barrettes and clips for her hair. Every time I would take her out in her "boy clothes" [aka: beaver attire] at least one person would say how cute my little guy was. I had to put a stop to that.














-- In last few days she has discovered that she loves to sleep with a blanket over her face. Yeah, this mama - no likey. It makes me worry that she will suffocate. I find myself turning the moniter up full blast at night with it to my ear just to make sure I can hear her breathing.


-- And it looks like her bestie, just so happens to be mine. She is in love with her "Auntie Beeca". Those girls have the best conversations and I just love to watch them interact. Ava will 'talk' with her, more than anyone else and it makes my heart so happy.

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT believe she is 3 months old already. Its been too long since I've seen her. We need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete