Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Catch-up.

-- Things are starting to get back to normal around here. Well, a 'new' normal I guess you could say. It has been an adjustment having a baby in the house after 8 years, but it has been a good and relatively easy one.

-- Lee is slowly healing from his knee injury. The doctor gave him the okay to wear his leg brace less, and he is able to drive again. Slow and steady wins the race. We are hoping he will be released to head back to work in the next few weeks. The guy is going stir crazy.

-- Kaylee had orientation for middle school, and I'm not going to lie. I cried. Not like a blubber-fest or anything. but I did shed a few tears. I'm having such a hard time with this growing up crap. She had a great time though and is super excited for the 6th grade. Me? I'm terrified.

-- Ava had her check-up last week and looks fantastic according to her doctor. We took her in yesterday because she was having cold like symptoms to find out that she had gained an entire 11 ounces in just 6 days. This girl of ours is a porker and has the baby chub to prove it. It's awesome.

-- I'm back to work (well kind of) I'm not cleaning just yet, but I did start back up with my photography. I had a session last weekend and have one this upcoming Saturday. Feels good to be back at it, especially without the aches and pains of pregnancy. I've missed it.

-- Speaking of pictures, I have learned a thing or two recently. Photographing a newborn totally SUCKS. Damn it's hard. I accomplished some pictures of Ava for her announcements (after three different attempts) but threw in the towel this weekend while trying to take pictures of all of the kids. It was freaking torture. I ended up throwing a fit like a 2 year old, and gave up all together. It has me seriously wondering if I will ever have an updated picture on my wall. Not anytime soon, I can tell you that much.

-- Oh, and last but not least, Lee went in for the good ol' "snip-snip" last Thursday. No more kids for us, means some sore balls for him. Poor guy. He has impressed me however, I figured that he would be super whiny to be honest, because lets face it, men are just babies when it comes to being sick. But, he has surprised me by only complaining a few times, and even doing hours worth of chores and yard work just 2 days after his surgery. Pshh, show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment