Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bittersweet.

Lee has been on this organizing kick lately (I'm so not complaining) and the other day he helped the kids go through their rooms.
They spent hours at it and ended up giving up a lot of stuff.
It broke my heart when he came into the kitchen and told me that Kaylee no longer wanted to keep her barbies or her dollhouse.
My first reaction was something like: "Um, she has to keep those! She isn't old enough yet to get rid of them."
He just looked at me with a sweet smile and said: "Babe, it's okay... she's just growing up."
The sound of that literally makes my heart ache. I'm not prepared for that yet. Not sure if I ever will be.













Lee likes to tease me by saying: "Hey, you have another one now to baby..." but, doesn't he know that having Ava makes it no easier watching the oldest one grow up and move on from her childhood?
If I'm being totally honest, it makes it just that much scarier.

No comments:

Post a Comment